Average flight duration: 12h47m
(flight with stopovers)
- Arrival city:
- Los Angeles, USA
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Hollywood Burbank/Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Local time:
- Dec 4, 2023 1:31 AM, GMT-8
min. 55ºF, max. 80ºF
- Departure city:
- New York, USA
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Westchester County Airport (HPN)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP)
- Local time:
- Dec 4, 2023 4:31 AM, GMT-5
min. 37ºF, max. 47ºF
Why travel by plane from New York to Los Angeles?
By choosing to fly to Los Angeles from New York, travelers can head from the East to West coast with just a direct 6h 20m flight. The equivalent drive would take around 41 hours, so traveling by plane saves over a day's worth of travel time! When flying, there is no need to find space for parking your rental car or to spend over two days on a bus or train to reach your destination. Instead, travelers can choose from a number of affordable flights from airlines such as Alaska Airlines, Spirit and United to reach the City of Angels.
What is there to see and do in Los Angeles?
Southern California's iconic city boasts a rich nightlife, plenty of beaches to explore, world class shopping and numerous sights and attractions to enjoy. Hollywood is one of LA's most popular neighborhoods and is a must for movie fans. Check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame, visit Universal Studios and hike up to the world famous Hollywood Sign. Venice Beach is artistic, fun and a must see in the city; to enjoy the city's nightlife, there are plenty of places to go - downtown LA is home to tons of great bars, clubs and restaurants.