Average flight duration: 3h39m
- Arrival city:
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- La Isabela Dr. Joaquin Balaguer International Airport (JBQ)
- Las Américas International Airport (SDQ)
- Local time:
- Nov 28, 2022 12:37 AM, GMT-4
min. 69ºF, max. 84ºF
- Departure city:
- New York, USA
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Westchester County Airport (HPN)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP)
- Local time:
- Nov 27, 2022 11:37 PM, GMT-5
min. 34ºF, max. 50ºF
Why travel by plane from New York to Santo Domingo?
Located around 1,550 miles south of New York City, Santo Domingo is best accessed by plane thanks to the large mass of water between the two cities. A flight time of approximately 3h 50m is all it takes to reach Santo Domingo Airport (also known as Las Américas International Airport) from New York airports including John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. Travel with airlines including jetBlue, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines on daily non-stop flights from New York to Santo Domingo.
What is there to see and do in Santo Domingo?
The capital city of the Dominican Republic is located on the coast, overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Founded in the late 15th century, it's a historic city with a number of attractions reflecting its varied past. The Zona Colonial, for example, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site dating back to the 1500s; popular sights in the area include the Alcázar de Colón, the Columbus Lighthouse, and the Parque Colon. Visitors to Santo Domingo can also enjoy several interesting museums, from the child-friendly Museo Infantin Trampolín to the Museo del Hombre Dominicano, which allows an insight into the country's culture.