Travel search and comparison services
We need to process your data in order to provide you with our travel search and comparison services, described in Section 2 of the Terms and Conditions, that can be summarised as a search and comparison services of travel products or services available on the travel market and proposed by third companies on the basis of the search criterions informed by you (or just simply mentioned as “our Services”).
We endeavour to show to you the most relevant travel data in a personalized manner, so that when you visit our Platforms you do not miss the offers and information relevant to you.
Please, bear in mind that the identification data we use is going to be your cookie ID.
Lawful bases: #Contract
We can get in touch with you by the different means provided by you, and for the following purposes:
- To send to your email the price alert that you asked for in our Platforms or regular offers and news of our Services. You can unsubscribe from email marketing communications easily and at any moment, just by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in each newsletter or other communication.
- To administer any promotional activity where you participate.
- We may show you customized offers on our Platforms or third-party platforms (including social media sites) and the content of the site displayed to you may be personalized. Such offers can be booked on our Platforms, on co-branded sites, or other third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting, based on Cookies. If you prefer seeing generic non-customised offers, rather than what is considered to be more relevant for you, you can reject advertising cookies anytime as described in our Cookies Notice.
- To respond to any query or request from you and handle it. We endeavour to maintain our best levels of customer service and we are attentive to the personal situation of each of our various customers in order to personalise our Services.
- To invite you to provide a review of your experience when you use our Services, or to take part in market research with us. Please, bear in mind that this feedback may be available to other customers to help them make decisions about a product or a service. In case you agree to take part in market research, we will explain the data collected and how it would be further used.
Lawful bases: #Contract #Your Consent #Legitimate Interest
Improving our Services or developing new services
We also use data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and improving the functionality and quality of our Services. The main goal here is to optimize our Platforms to your needs, making them easier and more enjoyable to use. We strive to use pseudonymized or anonymized data for these analytical purposes.
Lawful basis: #Legitimate Interest
Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service
In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travelers, our business partners and our travel providers, we may use data for the detection and prevention of illegal or unwanted activities, as well as for security purposes in our Platforms.
One example of this is ***
Lawful bases: #Legal Obligation #Legitimate Interest
We redirect any claim directly to the Service providers.
Exceptionally, we may need to use your data for regulatory investigations and compliance, to enforce our General terms and conditions or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement or other legal obligations.
Lawful bases: #Legal Obligation #Legitimate Interest
Types of Lawful Bases
Main lawful bases commonly used:
#Your Consent: you gave consent for a specific use of your data. We will always obtain your consent to collect and process your data unless another Lawful Basis applies. We will provide you with transparent information at the time that consent is obtained. This information will be provided in an accessible form, written in clear language. If the data is not obtained directly from you, then this information will be provided to you within a reasonable period after the data has been obtained.
#Contract: you have a contract or pre-contract with us. As an example, when booking an airline or hotel with us, we need relevant data to process your reservation.
#Legal Obligation: we have a legal obligation. Normally, accounting and tax regulations request to store necessary data for compliance purposes.
#Legitimate Interest: It’s in our legitimate interest, and it is judged not to affect your rights and freedoms in a significant way.
Other lawful bases, only exceptionally used:
- Vital Interest: You or a third party have a vital interest. We will not normally process data based on this legal basis, but if we do, we will let you know.
- Public Task: We have a public task to perform. We will not normally process data based on this legal basis, but if we do, we will let you know.
We don't make Automated Decisions
We don't make Automated Decisions based on profiles, beyond the legitimate interest of fraud prevention and the customization of your user experience, marketing and advertising. In any case, such an Automated Decision will not produce legal effects or similarly significantly affect you.
In case we shall make any Automated Decision we will apply all appropriate measures and inform you.