Expedia’s list of the most annoying behavior from fellow flyers has revealed seat kickers to be the most annoying on board etiquette violation for the second year in a row.
61% of American travelers confessed that seat kickers was the worst kind of annoying behavior whilst on a flight, followed closely by inattentive parents with 59% voicing their opinions about parents that allow their children to run riot.
The Airplane Etiquette Study asked 1,019 randomly selected U.S adults to rank the behavior that irritates them most.
What kind of behavior ruins your flight experience?
Here’s a more extensive list of the worst perpetrators:
1. Rear seat-kicker (61%)
2. Inattentive parents (59%)
3. Aromatic passenger (50%)
4. Audio-insensitive (talking/music) (50%)
5. Boozer (45%)
6. Chatty Cathy (43%)
7. Carry-on baggage offenders (38%)
8. Queue-jumper (rushes to deplane) (35%)
9. Seat-back guy (aka seat recliner) (32%)
10. Overhead bin inconsiderate (stows bag in first available spot, rather than nearest to his/her seat) (32%)
11. Pungent foodies (30%)
12. Back-of-seat grabber (27%)
13. Amorous (inappropriate affection levels) (26%)
14. Undresser (removes shoes, socks or more) (26%)
15. Mad bladder (window seat passenger who makes repeat bathroom visits) (24%)
16. Single and ready to mingle (13%)
17. Seat switcher (13%)