Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India, is one of the largest private residents in the world and has been named TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice for world’s best hotel.
TripAdvisor’s global hotels list was released Wednesday, they collected millions of reviews and opinions over a one-year period in order to put together the Travelers’ Choice list.
The beautiful establishment was built between 1928 and 1943, part of the palace is now run by Taj Group hotels showcasing 26 acres of lush gardens, 64 hotel rooms and suites set within the beautifully designed Art Deco building.
The following list of the top 10 hotels all commit to service and quality above and beyond what is expected of them.
1. Unmaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur (average rate per night $734)
2. Shinta Mani Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia (average rate per night $199)
3. Bellevue Syrene, Sorrento, Italy (average rate per night $562)
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, Hanoi, Vietnam (average rate per night $109)
5. Achtis Hotel, Afitos, Greece ($100)
6. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, United Kingdom (average rate per night $1,162)
7. Mirihi Island Resort, Mirihi, Maldives (average rate per night $1,059)
8. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba (average rate per night $468)
9. Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa, Lance aux Epines, Grenada (average rate per night $806)
10. Hotel Ritta Höppner, Gramado, Brazil (average rate per night $185)