France is known for its delicious baked goods and now, the best place in Paris to get the perfect baguette has been revealed.
The Grand Prize is a coveted award in the French baking world awarded to the baker who makes the best baguette in Paris. This year, that baker is Sami Bouattour of Boulangerie Brun in Paris’ 13th arrondissement, who this week beat off stiff competition from nearly 200 other bakeries to win the accolade.
The baker will accept the award at the Fête du Pain, held this Saturday (May 13) in Paris. As part of his prize, which also includes €4000, Mr Bouattor will be baking a daily batch of bread for the French president, Emmanual Macron.
The top 10 baguettes in Paris are:
- Boulangerie Brun, 193 rue de Tolbiac
- Aux Délices de Glacière, 90 boulevard Auguste Blanqui
- Boulangerie Dupain, 20 Boulevard des Filles du Calvaire
- Boulangerie Gontran Cherrier, 22 rue de Caulaincourt
- Boulangerie Bichon, 2 rue Cail
- Les Gourmandises d’Eiffel, 187 rue de Grenelle
- Boulangerie 2M, 215 boulevard Raspail
- Le Grenier à Pain, 52 avenue d’Italie
- Boulangerie Tembely, 33 rue Myrha
- Maison Hubert Trévisse, 6 rue de Trévise
Want to try the city’s best baguette? Book cheap flights to Paris to taste it for yourself!