Eating out a Walt Disney World has so far consisted of Planet Hollywood and a random pick of dinosaur and cartoon-themed restaurants but these days Downtown Disney, now named Disney Springs, is a total foodie destination and pretty much a year-round food festival. Lets dig in!
Disney’s main dining, shopping and entertainment district has been totally transformed and is now called Disney Springs. There are a whole bunch of new dining, drinks and sweets places to try and more are planned to open in 2017. Where else can you chow down on everything from traditional Canadian poutine and savoury Irish pies to artisanal crepes for dessert?
All the new restaurants opened last week, which means you can happily book flights to Orlando for this summer knowing that your foodie appetite will be satisfied.
Foodie highlights at Disney Springs
- The Daily Poutine – For the best poutine outside of Canada. Comes in different versions like French or Italian.
- Yesake - Try a sake slushy!
- Morimoto Street Food – A delicious take on Japanese food serving donburi rice bowls, kimchi bao tacos and more.
- D-Luxe Burger – The homemade veggie burgers are so good but its the 6 free dipping sauces for your fries that are worth shouting about.
- Aristocrepes – Try both sweet and savoury French crepes… Key Lime or S’Mores flavor anyone?
- STK – For something fancier, try this steakhouse chain with locations in NYC, Milan and Ibiza.